Market leading Australian business
Opportunity for career progression
About Our Client
My client is a well-established distributor of food packaging machinery and consumables for the meat processing and FMCG sector. With an extensive product range and over 60 years of expertise they are a brand synonymous with quality and reliability.
With a head office in Bankstown NSW and offices and customers throughout Australia and New Zealand, the company has a talented technical and support team backing up their excellent product offering.
The role will be highly customer focused with an emphasis on engaging with existing and prospective customers in a consultative manner. The role will involve being able to work independently and require the successful candidate to spend a large proportion of their time with customers and include travel both interstate and to regional areas. Heavily focused on driving revenue through new equipment sales to both existing accounts and new businesses within the sector, the role will involve selling turnkey equipment solutions as well as spare parts for the maintenance of existing production machinery. The successful candidate's roles and responsibilities will include:
- Driving revenue from consultatively liaising with existing accounts.
- Identifying opportunities to broaden the customer base.
- Aggressively targeting new business by engaging with key decision makers.
- Handling approximately 60 major accounts across New South Wales and Queensland.
- Driving integrated solution sales to leverage opportunities for the packaging sales team.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the role will have experience of capital equipment sales into the food processing industry and possess a combination of the following core competencies:
- The ability to forge long term customer relationships.
- The ability to communicate technical solutions to customers in a commercial and consultative manner.
- Have a proven track record of developing new business.
- The ability to demonstrate and develop a strong contact network within the meat processing and poultry industries.
- Experience of selling high value capital equipment in a competitive market.
- The ability to have commercial discussions and solicit business with organisations of differing size and scope.
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary, vehicle allowance and performance based bonus package. The role will also offer interstate travel opportunities.