Senior Accountant | Financial Services | 12 Months Contract
Work for one of the largest brands in the world
Develop Business Mindset in a senior role with supervisory function
About Our Client
The client is one of the leading name in funds and asset management. Operating globally and with great reputation, the client has been providing financial services to diverse client portfolios and supporting their growth and success by delivering innovative financial solutions and product offerings.
The Client Accountant is responsible for the control of daily operations of the team and to ensure that all Client agreements are consistently meet. The Client Accountant is also responsible for the validating and audit checking transactions and outputs against agreed Client Service Level Agreement (SLA), Client policies and SSAL risk policies & procedures. The focus is to complete all tasks and provide service to all queries/issues raised by both external and internal parties to the highest quality within the agreed turnaround times.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
* To perform verification on transactions in accordance with the service standards, in a timely and accurate manner
* To understand the core offering and ways to increase efficiencies in the day to day process
* To perform staff training & development through effective performance reviews.
* Provide staff management support to the Administrators and assisting them to effectively deal with issues.
* To ensure that all day to day tasks and/or issues/queries raised by Client; unit holder or internal staff have been resolved within agreed time frames.
* Establish & build relationships with internal & external .Communication in various means including: phone, fax & email.
* Have a high level of understanding of the Client: their SLA, organisation, policies & key contacts.
* Identify, recommend & implement improvements to procedures, processes, controls and client servicing arrangements.
The Successful Applicant
* Knowledge of the unit registry operational flows.
* Knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts.
* An aptitude for information technology including Excel.
* Good liaison skills across all levels of the organisation.
* Experience in client servicing.
* Knowledge of AML/KYC requirements as well FATCA/CRS regulatory requirements.
* A solid understanding of the finance industry and financial markets.
* Previous Unit Registry, finance and/or banking background.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Ability to multi task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
- Graduate level or above
- Ideally 2 - 3 years of experience in Unit Registry / Unit Prices experience from either an Investment Manager or Global Custodian
- Knowledge of investment accounting
- Demonstrate ability to meet Service Level Expectations
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform."
What's on Offer
- Work for one of the largest brands in the world
- Develop Business Mindset in a senior role with supervisory function
- $35-42 per hour + Superannuation, 12 Months Contract