Innovative, collaborative and positive team-orientated environment
Modern, world-class facilities
About Our Client
Children's Cancer Institute is the only independent medical research institute in Australia wholly dedicated to research into the causes, prevention and cure of childhood cancer. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and to eliminate their suffering. The Institute has grown to now employ more than 220 researchers, operational team and students, and has established a national and international reputation for scientific excellence.
We are currently leading the Zero Childhood Cancer national child cancer personalised medicine program for children with the most aggressive cancers, in partnership with the Sydney Children's Hospitals Network.
Children's Cancer Institute provides the best possible environment for their staff to thrive with state-of-the-art facilities at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW Australia - one of the leading cancer research centres in the world.
This is a broad and diverse role for a self-starter to drive change, streamline systems and deliver comprehensive robust forecasting. You will partner with the Finance Manager and Senior Accounting team as a key support to ensure well informed and collaborative forecasting, analysis and reporting. A key element of your work will be streamlining systems, with your quick ability to identify, design and implement new processes. You will work closely with the Research Division in the financial management of grants and be instrumental in accurate forecasting for resource planning. Primary responsibilities will include;
- Streamline Systems - Identify, design and implement new processes
- Resource planning and remuneration forecasts
- Business partner for the Research Division - forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Oversee the financial management of grants for the Research Division
- Oversee the payroll function with 1 direct report
- Assist the Finance Manager in developing a culture of continuous improvement within the finance function
- Preparation, refinement and analysis of business unit and Executive reports and dashboards
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven finance professional who can quickly identify areas of change, streamline systems and challenge the status quo. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of senior accounting experience and hold a professional qualification such as CA, CPA or equivalent. Additionally, you will possess:
- The ability to adapt to new opportunities and growth within the business
- Strong forecasting, analysis and reporting experience gained from within a complex business
- A dynamic approach to work and ability to work autonomously when required
- Experience business partnering with diverse, non-financial stakeholders
- Experience managing 1-2 staff would be beneficial but is not necessary
What's on Offer
Children's Cancer Institute are strongly committed to the growth of their employees so all team members can fulfil their aspirations. You'll be rewarded with a friendly and professional flexible work environment, comprehensive on-campus facilities, competitive salary, salary packaging options, on-site parking options, access to a leading EAP program and regular social activities. Join a group of dedicated people in a performance-driven environment to achieve success and discover what it's like to look forward to coming to work every day and make a real difference. We're looking for people who share our values of accountability, integrity and camaraderie, teamwork, sharing and excellence, success and satisfaction.