Diverse Learning and Development
About Our Client
Our client is a highly regarded private investment firm with a diverse investment portfolio across many industries which will allow for clear learning and development. The collaborative finance team are high performing and close knit, with strong commercial acumen. There is a strong focus team work within the organisation as well as scope for clear career development and future learnings. Through this there is a heavy focus on innovation, collaboration and the ability to add value to the organisation through entrepreneurial drive.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Month end reconciliations and reporting for a number of trusts and companies across the group
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances on a monthly basis
- Preparation of annual accounts and tax returns and reconciliations for review
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly tax obligations including IAS, BAS and payroll tax (with a key understanding on Division 7A tax requirements)
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the annual budgeting process, including management of the group cash flows
- Monitoring cost agreements and variance reporting
- Ad hoc projects including mentoring the company Bookkeeper and monitoring the intercompany recharge process
The Successful Applicant
This is an exceptional opportunity for an up and coming finance professional who is a first time mover from a big 4 or mid-tier business services firm looking to move into industry. Exposure to property, transport or large complex organisations will be beneficial, with the ability to work in a team environment essential.
What's on Offer
A hard working attitude and willingness to add value to the role will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.