12 month contract
About Our Client
As a large listed global business with offices and assets located across Australia, my client is an international mining company. This is a 12-month fixed term opportunity for an experienced Senior Accountant with mine site experience to join their Brisbane CBD team with periodic travel to site.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Preparation of financial statements for statutory reporting;
- Monthly management reporting, P&L analysis and detailed commentary;
- Review the work of two assistant accountants;
- General ledger, bank and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Business partnering with multiple stakeholders (up to GM level);
- Assist with SOX compliance
- Ad hoc tasks and projects assistance.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrate extensive experience operating at a senior level within a remote site based mining role.
- The successful candidate will have a relevant Business/Commerce degree and be accredited with CA/CPA qualifications
- Demonstrate a strong track record of working autonomously in a finance role and making long term improvements to the finance and reporting process between different geographical locations
- Have an ability to build strong relations with non-financial personnel and be able to influence internal and external senior level stakeholder
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package with a ASX listed business
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Modern offices - CBD Location
- High energy and collaborative team environment