Permanent opportunity in a stable business
Career development and clear growth opportunities
About Our Client
A world class manufacturing organisation with a strong footprint in the Australian market, this business is looking to expand into new international markets and is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team in a newly created position. With an energetic and passionate leadership team, this position will be involved in the strategy of the business and will be a part of a fast-paced growth story.
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior accountant position will be responsible for the integrity of the groups accounting information by recording, verifying and consolidating transactions. It will also provide support to the CFO and management on analysis of projects.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Statutory & financial reporting;
- Month end reporting and analysis;
- Preparation of PAYG, BAS, IAS and FBT returns;
- Conducting cost analysis and reporting;
- Budgeting and forecasting;
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate must be degree-qualified (accounting, commerce or related) and be CPA/CA qualified or near completion. Ideally this candidate will have started their career in an accounting firm and have minimum two years commercial experience. You will be an effective communicator, command strong Excel skills, have great attention to detail and have demonstrated experience in developing value add improvements to financial systems and/or processes.
What's on Offer
- Career development opportunities
- Attractive package
- An exciting role with variety across financial and management accounting, process and systems improvement, costing and analysis
- Tight knit team and great company culture