Senior Analyst - Network Infrastructure
Government department located in Sydney
Full time on going position
About Our Client
Government Department in Sydney.
- Apply expert technical knowledge of network communications and infrastructure standards and trends to proactively identify areas for improvement, emerging risks, vulnerabilities and threats, and drive service improvement.
- Design and implement network communications infrastructure solutions to achieve effective and efficient network services to clients with a focus on security, service reliability, responsive customer focus, and cost-effectiveness.
Management and Strategic Planning
- Provide technical leadership as regards all aspects of IT network communications infrastructure, including acting as lead expert and manager in the planning and design of IT projects which involve network communications infrastructure.
- Manage procedures and practices which govern the operation of IT network communications infrastructure and related services, maintaining standards of practice (ITIL) to support a focus on security, service reliability, responsive customer focus, and cost-effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with IT Services' Operations team staff to efficiently and effectively resolve IT networking incidents, problems and requests, and to foster the continuous development and exchange of related knowledge and skills within that team.
- Supervise and manage IT vendors and other external resources to develop productive relationships which maximise their value to the Parliament.
- Prepare executive management level, plain-English, analytical reports, discussion papers and memos to inform, assess alternatives, recommend actions, and promote new ideas or strategies in relation to IT network communications issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated experience in a lead network communications design role for a multi-site IT network supporting high availability, extensive network security systems and diverse access options.
- Expert knowledge of switching, routing and troubleshooting in a Cisco enterprise environment, with Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) qualifications or equivalent being highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network security principles and practices across a diverse range of hardware and software including familiarity with information security standards, such as the DSD Information Security Manual.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the design, configuration management, operation and problem troubleshooting of a diverse range of networking services and tools including the following:
- Cisco Dynamic Mulitpoint VPN - MPLS, Identity Services Engine (ISE), and Prime
- Switching and routing protocols including EIGRP and BGP
- Cisco Wireless Networks (WLAN controllers and APs)
- Citrix Netscaler
- Solar Winds network monitoring
- Palo Alto firewall systems
- Riverbed Steelhead and Steelfusion network compression technology
- Two-factor remote access authentication systems
- Video streaming protocols
- Demonstrated capacity to manage vendors so as to maximise effectiveness and competiveness, and minimise cost.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading and also working as part of IT-related project teams, influencing stakeholders and peers, mentoring staff, and ensuring the success of project objectives.
- High-level oral and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to elicit requirements, explain complex technical concepts in simple business terms, write well-reasoned and comprehensive reports, memos, technical specifications, network work procedures.
Sound knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) V3 Service Management Framework standards and concepts, including benefits and practical issues in their application within a working environment.
What's on Offer
Senior Analyst - Network Infrastructure role at a Government department in Sydney.