Senior Auditor | Canberra | $75k - $85k Package
Leading national firm is expanding their audit team in Canberra
Ideal opportunity to progress your career in a smaller team environment
About Our Client
This firm has established themselves as the consultants of choice to clients in both the public and private sectors, including clients within the NFP sector. They have a large national footprint and offer you the opportunity to collaborate across different teams to expand your skills and exposure.
Forming part of a smaller team, you have the opportunity to work closely with your clients in a collaborative team where you are able to mentor and train junior staff.
As Senior Auditor, you will work closely with the Directors responsible for the External and Internal Audit engagements.
Together with the team, you will have various responsibilities on a variety of engagements and be responsible for the following:
- Financial Statements and tax compliance audits in line with the Australian Auditing and Accounting Standards
- Risk and compliance and work planning
- Internal audit including performance, financial and operational auditing
- Grant funding allocations and investigations
- Governance and regulatory compliance
This role requires excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate audit findings into meaningful written reports and verbal presentations.
You will supervise a small team of graduates and ensure accurate billing and timely close of projects.
You are required to have excellent knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian Audit Standards, thus local experience is vital to be considered for this role.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Completed professional qualification (CA/CPA) or near completion
- Relevant local Australian experience within a similar senior role in external audit/assurance
- Experience with both internal and external audit preferred
What's on Offer
- Tangible and transparent career progression
- Continuous internal and external training in Canberra and interstate for technical skills and soft skills
- Engaging team culture with national team events, training and seminars
- Central & Modern offices
*Due to the nature of work and requirements from their federal government clients, Australian Citizenship is required coupled with relevant local experience