Senior Azure Big Data Lead - ASX Listed
Are a Senior SME for a Big Data Implementation?
Be part of the strategic enablement of an Enterprise-wide Solution
About Our Client
Work for an ASX-Listed business that is a market leader across the Utilities space. If you are motivated by scope of work and a rewarding day-to-day role, you have a chance to lead and growth the Big Data Strategy for this business for years to come.
With world-cass offices and prime central location, this is the type of opportunity that is rarely available.
As a Senior Big Data Lead, you will lead the implementation of an Azure Big Data Environment.
- Be hands-on and contribute code on projects and PoC's as required
- Lead the IM Solution Design Authority (SDA) governance body ensuring alignment across key stakeholder groups and relevance to architecture
- Reviews project end to end design artefacts to ensure compliance with overall architecture and arbitrates issues and conflicts
- Understand integration and dependencies across the Azure big data solution
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, processes, methodologies and architecture design patterns
- Work with the data governance team and contribute to data quality reporting and governance
- Proactively identify, design, and implement internal process improvements like automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, alerting, improving better operational visibility etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Hands-on experience implementing Big data solutions
- Strong Azure experience
- Strong experience with Big Data technologies - Hadoop ecosystem, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Python strongly preferred)
- Ideally you be from a background in Data warehousing solutions and patterns
- Passion for hands-on development from time to time
- Experience with Agile DevOps delivery methodology and experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, cucumber etc.)
- Must be able to identify, communicate and/or resolve potential roadblocks in the solution/process before issues that will impact the business
- Customer facing skills to represent a CoE model well within technology and the business and drive discussions around requirements, best practices, industry trends etc.
Key Skill-set involves:
- Big data Implementation experience with Microsoft Azure public cloud preferred (Azure big data components like PowerBI, Azure data factory, HDInsight, Azure Blob, Azure Datalake store etc.)
- Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
- Awareness/Exposure to Advanced Analytics and data science concepts and tools (AI, ML etc.) is preferred
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package
- Broader opportunities for career growth
- Under 5 Minutes from Tram, Train and Buses.