Senior BI Developer - Microsoft stack
Wide-ranging, technically challenging role in a large global organisation
Latest Microsoft SQL Server BI technologies
About Our Client
This company is a globally recognised leader in its field, and has a long and successful history in delivering some of Australia's largest and most technically-complex infrastructure projects over the past 50 years. With an ever-increasing focus on Business Intelligence, this brand new position is a unique opportunity to join this small, but growing BI team in helping to make data a central asset to the business at large.
The Senior Business Intelligence role will be tasked with developing, supporting and enhancing BI solutions to enable the business to unlock insights into its data assets.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Team Lead, this role will be responsible for all aspects of BI solution delivery including:
- Understand and document detailed business requirements
- Solution design, including data profiling, data modelling and prototyping
- Solution development, including ETL development, data modelling and Tabular cube development (SSAS), in-line with our patterns.
- Security, deployment, and governance.
- Maintain and enhance the data warehouse and all BI solutions.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, it is essential to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Polished written and exceptional verbal communication skills
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with all levels of the business to understand business requirements
- A proven ability to maintain high ethical standards and be able to uphold confidentiality
- The ability to quickly build strong relationships with decision makers from senior executives down, and to be seen as a trusted advisor
- Excellent client-facing and presentation skills
- Extensive, real-world development experience in all levels of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, including the SQL Server data platform, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and PowerBI.
- Excellent MS SQL Server development skills using T-SQL
- Deep understanding of data warehouse principals and experience in developing and implementing a data warehouse on the Microsoft BI platform
Additionally, any of the following would be highly desirable:
- Experience working with Financial data and developing Financial reports
- Exposure to data integration using APIs
- Work experience with Azure technologies and services (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Databricks)
- IT Project Management
What's on Offer
As well as creating an outstanding company culture with a friendly, supportive and collaborative team of professionals, this organisation prides itself in being able to offer excellent learning and development opportunities (in a career, leadership or technical development context), as well as providing support towards ongoing self-learning and development.
A highly competitive salary of up to $145k base plus super is also on offer to candidates who are able to demonstrate the desired skills mentioned.