Senior BI Developer
Excellent learning and development opportunities
Large enterprise organisation
About Our Client
This globally recognised, large enterprise organisation is one of the most established companies in its field in Australia, and has delivered some of the countries largest, most technically complex projects across the construction, oil & gas, mining and transport industries (to name a few). They are now looking for an experienced Senior BI Developer to join an established, growing team to spearhead the drive towards more contemporary technologies, including predictive analytics and machine learning, to further unlock insights into its data assets.
Working in a team of 5 developers, this role will have responsibilities covering all aspects of BI solution delivery including:
- Interpreting, understanding and documenting detailed business requirements.
- Solution design, including data profiling, data modelling and prototyping.
- Solution development, including ETL (SSIS) and tabular cube development (SSAS) in line with existing patterns.
- Security, deployment and governance.
- Maintenance and enhancements to the data warehouse and all BI solutions.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required:
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, and to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of a business to understand requirements and present appropriate solutions.
- Extensive, demonstrated experience as a Senior BI Developer in all levels of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, including the SQL Server data platform, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Deep understanding of data warehouse principles and concepts, and experience in developing an implementing a data warehouse on the Microsoft BI platform.
- While not essential, exposure to Financial data, developing financial reports and data integration using APIs would all be beneficial.
- An ability to show a passion for and proactive interest in predictive analytics and machine learning would be highly valued.
What's on Offer
- Excellent team culture with an established, supportive group of BI experts.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities towards leadership and/or architecture, supported by industry leading professional development programs.
- Highly competitive salary package and great employee benefits.
- $120-140k base + super, commensurate with experience.
- Brisbane CBD fringe location.