Senior Business Analyst
6 month contract
About Our Client
The culture across our client is one where "members are at the heart of everything we do" and our employees bring this culture to life by behaving in line with our unique values.
- Lead and effectively gain engagement and support from identified beneficiaries in the development of a set of mutually agreeable and measurable benefits.
- Ownership of the business requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle in an active capacity that is deemed necessary to ensure the proposed change or business improvement is implemented and embedded successfully, the outcome is delivered and accepted by stakeholders, and targeted benefits realised.
- Coach, mentor and encourage other business analysts within the business unit to broaden, develop and enhance their skills to achieve competency uplift.
- Develop, foster and maintain communication channels between the business and all other stakeholders and contributors in support of assessing, analysing, implementing and embedding the proposed change or improvement (I.e. management of stakeholder expectations from the beginning to end).
- Effectively use a variety of facilitation methods, analytical tools and techniques to elicit, assess, and analyse the customer and/or business problem and associated case for change (Agile or non-Agile).
- Play a lead role working with a wide variety of professionals in ensuring defined quality outcomes are delivered to the customer within agreed timeframes.
- In developing an in-depth understanding of the current and future state, you will document the gap between states, determine the underlying business need, derive the value associated with moving from the current to future state, ensuring the feasibility and compatibility of new business solutions and existing systems ensuring alignment and fit with the overall business strategy and architecture.
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, IT or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- CBAP / CCBA qualifications desirable
- Experience in Superannuation and or Finance Industry is an advantage
- Extensive and in-depth experience in a business analysis or an analytical role in a variety of complex situations, preferably in a program/project environment.
- Demonstrated high level skills in stakeholder management and developing trusted and enduring relationships with business clients, including superior consultation, facilitation and proven problem solving abilities.
- Superior communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal - with a diverse group of professionals at all levels.
- Demonstrated inclusive, collaborative and engaging approach; including the ability to consult, facilitate, negotiate and influence with a broad range of people at all levels in a medium sized corporate environment.
- Technical knowledge of contemporary business systems environments including: web technologies, client/server technologies and database environments will be beneficial
- Highly developed analytical and organizational mindset together with effectiveness in building and implementing new processes and procedures as required.
- Demonstrated skill or the ability to acquire the skill in analytical tools and techniques, including modelling of systems, people and processes.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and assist less senior staff.
- Proven ability to effectively plan, prioritise and manage multiple and competing activities including leading the work of other BAs directly or indirectly as required.
- Demonstrated professional work ethic with a proven ability to take on new challenges and be able to adapt to change.
What's on Offer
Whats on offer:
- 6 months contract
- Attractive package
- CBD location