Senior Business Analyst
Techno/functional BA to work across a large portfolio of projects
Innovative business undergoing a full scale digital transformation
About Our Client
My client is a privately owned, internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities spanning the entire client value chain. They are in search of a hand-on Senior Business Analyst to elicit and document requirements, facilitate testing and lead delivery of initiatives across various business areas.
- Assists customers in clarifying requirements by reviewing business needs for software applications.
- Employing both bottom-up and top-down strategies, define the current state and develop the future state business requirements, processes and operating model.
- Research and analysis of existing applications, system data, business processes and constraints.
- Assist in the development of recommendations and support the procurement/development and implementation of system/technological solutions.
- Conduct routine analysis of information gathered to correctly identify the problem/request and review with management as appropriate.
- Translates business requirements into functional specifications and user stories.
- Assists in developing test plans and scripts of moderate complexity to validate that system functionality meets business requirements. Executes test scripts based on the test plan. Documents and communicates test results. Supports compliance standards for testing, approvals, migration and implementation.
The Successful Applicant
- Exposure to a variety of business analysis techniques, with knowledge of the most effective techniques for a given scenario
- Experience gathering feedback and engaging with stakeholder groups (i.e. workshop facilitation, stakeholder interviews etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in complex process mapping (BPMN Notation)
- High-level written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to identify, summarise and present complex issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience working on complex development projects, and in online application development project and electronic forms
- An understanding of Agile best practice, operating principles and emerging technology, and industry trends
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to build trusted relationships internally and externally, and at all levels including senior executives
- Self-motivated with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ideally - tertiary qualified, with professional certifications (Certified Business Analysis Professional, CBAP would be beneficial)
What's on Offer
The opportunity to work for a Tier One global market leader across a multitude of high visibility projects.
All contractors through Michael Page get exclusive access to discounts and benefits with our partnered businesses. To find out more, please reach out!