World renowned Automotive brand
Ownership of a multi million dollar direct spend area at a strategic level
About Our Client
This globally recognised Automotive brand is widely regarded as the market leader in their space. As the business continues to dominate, they are looking to further strengthen their procurement team with the addition of a Senior Buyer to manage their direct materials spend.
- Budget: Drive cost reductions through negotiations, leverage, rationalization, market tests, process improvements, etc. to meet annual budget objective
- Develop competitive negotiations to drive cost reduction initiatives with the global supply base, while meeting capacity and quality requirements Provide leadership in and developing an understanding of and insight into the market for the commodities assigned; including industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, lead-times, technology and manufacturing capability of company suppliers and suppliers in the market that best meet expectations and objectives.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance to meet company expectations and objectives. Capable of managing the most complicated and difficult supplier relationships and performance issues.
- Anticipate, recognize, analyse and solve complex supply problems; communicating to and involving colleagues, management and stakeholders as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- 5-8 years+ of related work experience in the procurement of direct materials, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Outstanding negotiations skills - getting to win/win agreements
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in driving Commodity strategies to improve performance on cost, quality, and delivery
What's on Offer
A generous salary of $100-115k plus 10% bonus potential is on offer.