- Join a Melbourne founded, and globally loved retail brand.
- Excellent career progression and personal growth.
About Our Client
The business, who were founded in Melbourne, Australia and loved across the globe, are known for their effortlessly wearable and timeless collections that celebrate modern femininity.
They are one of the fastest growing fashion brands, who work non-stop to help their customers embrace and elevate their own personal style.
- Construct a commercially balanced range reflecting innovation/fashion/trend, ensuring volume lines are maximised and category delivers innovation
- Liaise with the Managing Director and Buying leaders on long-term product planning with ordering/delivery times being met
- Ensure a clear and sensible price architecture which ensures maximum sales and profitability
- Analyse & have a comprehensive understanding of category history applying this to the range build
- Ensure all department financial parameters and targets are achieved
- Respond to sales and market data to make commercial decisions to maximise sales opportunities and minimise potential future risks and manage margins through price negotiation with suppliers
- Trade the department, in collaboration with the Planner, by optimising profit, maximising department potential through repeats, and minimising slow performance through promotion or mark-downs
Comprehensive knowledge of local and overseas market trends, as well as competitors and external trends, and identify trends and opportunities as well as missed opportunities to maximise revenue
Analyse relevance of trends for brand and plan reaction accordingly
Product Development & Sourcing
Brief Design to ensure fabrics, prints and style details are consistent with brand vision
Work with Design & QA to ensure best fit, consistency of fit and best possible quality
- Make commercial decisions throughout the development process of a product with respect to delivering the most commercial style in the most profitable way, adhering to brand standards
Critical Path Management
Be aware of production progress against department critical path ensuring key dates are met by the team.
- In consultation with the team, negotiate and confirm individual product lead times with suppliers prior to order signing.
- Be aware of status of "featured product" to ensure delivery deadlines are met and delays are noted to highlight risk
- Build a strong team with a focus on succession planning, while providing strong leadership and direction
- Offers advice and helps find solutions to the wide range of issues encountered by the team
- Support the Buying team with the development and implementation of cross-functional projects/initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Fashion Design/Buying (equivalent)
- At least 2-3 years' experience as a Buyer
- Exceptional knowledge of all fabrications, raw materials, product categories and garment construction
- Sound track record in working across international markets
- Results driven and ability to multi-task while working effectively under pressure
- Sound commercial acumen and business judgement
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communication and networking abilities with outstanding organisational and problem solving skills
- Well-developed internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Enthusiastic approach - positive, proactive, ambitious and entrepreneurial while being a team player
- An ability to develop, nurture and manage positive working relationships and deliver excellent client service with both internal and external clients
What's on Offer
- A supportive, collaborative and humble environment
- Fantastic career progression opportunities with global potential
- A generous salary
- Excellent product discounts
- Team focused celebrations to recognise hard work
- Additional leave for your birthday