Senior Change Manager (12 months)
Ideally located in the CBD
12-month contract with possibility of extension
About Our Client
My client serves the community by leading the provision of world-class education. The department is responsible for the leading the implementation of the online transition program (the program) for the NSW education sector. This is a national initiative, led by Australian Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority and Reporting (ACARA). The aim is for students to complete tests using a computer or another electronic device. Federal, state and territory education ministers have agreed that will move online from 2017 - over a two-to-three year period. This means moving from the current paper-based tests to computer-based assessments for all schools in NSW.
- Provide change expertise to guide the preparation and implementation of the program
- Develop a change impact assessment for key impacted stakeholders. Develop and maintain a stakeholder matrix, monitoring risks, issues and opportunities throughout the program
- Working with the s program governance groups, develop an engagement and change management strategy and tactical change plan
- Provide change expertise to the communications working group and stakeholder engagement group to develop a program communication and engagement plans
- Develop and maintain key relationships within the department, ACARA, and the NSW education sector to provide updates, keep abreast of emerging issues, and identify opportunities and risks, and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor and report on progress and milestones to relevant governance bodies
- Coordinate the design and execution of the school readiness activities, and relevant pre and post evaluation process that will analyse and report on the outcomes and learning's from program activities
- Prepare reports, briefings, submissions and correspondence related to the program.
The Successful Applicant
- 5 year plus experience in organizational change management in complex programs.
- Proven experience to create change strategies and implementation plans.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with a wide range of stakeholders including school executive, school staff, interest groups, subject matter experts and technical teams.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems and successfully manage complex issues in a cross -sectorial environment.
- A high level of personal integrity, drive and independence.
- Experience in the education or in human services sector desirable, but not essential.
- Interview candidates will be asked to present a high level approach to a practical and real life scenario (approximately 30 mins)
- Travel and overnight absences from base (Sydney CBD) may be required of this position.
What's on Offer
On offer in an incredible 12-month contract on one of the most exciting projects of the Government at the moment!