Senior Civil or Surface Water Engineer
Large Scale, World Class Projects
Full Project Lifecycle Involvement
About Our Client
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary consulting firm with a strong reputation for technical excellence across mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. The Australian operation provides these services to a wide range of clients across Australia and surrounding countries with offices throughout the country.
The Australian operation provides Engineering and Geosciences services across a range of specialisations and are known as a leader in the tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
Within this role your key duties will include:
- Undertake conceptual and detailed engineering design and investigations of civil, water and mining infrastructure including earthworks, waste rock dumps, tailings storage facilities, drainage, roads, water/sediment dams, etc;
- Preparation and review of engineering reports, drawings, specifications, bill of quantities and cost estimates;
- Undertake project management and client management duties for projects and complete report writing and presentation needs as projects require.
- Management of junior and intermediate staff as required including mentoring and staff development.
- Input into and preparation of conceptual detailed engineering designs, engineering studies, feasibility studies and condition assessments;
- Work closely with clients through the full project lifecycle from from concept design through to construction, commissioning and operation stages.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ultimately have the following key skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- Ideally you will have 5+ years of experience in the energy, mining or related industry;
- RPEQ (or be eligible to for RPEQ)
- Initiative, commitment to innovation and technical excellence as well as a focus on long-term success;
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals;
- Proven business acumen and your ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients.
What's on Offer
On offer is a genuinely exciting position where you will get to work on large scale, world class projects that involve the design and constructions of projects within the Mining and Energy Resources sector. In addition you will be working within a supportive team culture in a company that values it's positive culture. Being an international company, you will also be given the opportunity to travel within Australia and Internationally to various field locations.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and the opportunity to further develop your career within a growing company.
If you are currently working as a Civil Engineer or Surface Water Engineer and are looking for your next opportunity or career step, please APPLY HERE or contact me on (07) 3414 6130 or for further information and a confidential discussion.