Senior Cloud BI Developer - Azure
Wide-ranging, technically challenging role in a large global organisation
Latest Microsoft Azure & SQL Server BI technologies
About Our Client
This company is a globally recognised leader in its field, and has a long and successful history in delivering some of Australia's largest and most technically-complex infrastructure projects over the past 50 years. With an ever-increasing focus on Business Intelligence, this brand new position is a unique opportunity to join this small, but growing BI team in helping to make data a central asset for the whole organisation.
The Senior Cloud Business Intelligence Developer role will be tasked with developing, supporting, and enhancing BI solutions to enable the business to unlock key insights into its data assets.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Team Lead, this person will help lead the drive towards a Microsoft Azure BI environment (essentially from scratch), and play a part in all aspects of BI solution design and delivery.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, it is essential to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Highly polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with all levels of business to understand requirements.
- The ability to quickly build strong relationships with decision makers from senior executives down, and to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Strong experience working with Azure technologies and services (including Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, and Databricks)
- Strong, real-world development experience in all levels of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, including the SQL Server data platform, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Excellent MS SQL Server development skills using T-SQL
- Deep understanding of data warehouse principals, and experience in developing and implementing a data warehouse on the Microsoft BI platform
- A relevant undergraduate degree.
What's on Offer
As well as creating an outstanding company culture with flexible hours and a friendly, supportive, and collaborative team of professionals, this organisation prides itself in being able to offer excellent learning and development opportunities (in a career, leadership or technical development context), as well as providing support towards ongoing self-learning and development.
A highly competitive salary is also on offer to candidates who are able to demonstrate the desired skills mentioned.