Senior Cloud Engineer
A great opportunity to work for a very established global IT consultancy
A great opportunity to work for a well publicised, very high profile business
About Our Client
A well established Global IT Consultancy.
This role is a customer facing role, working with some of the businesses' enterprise clients. The role will be predominantly focussed on:
- Identifying new opportunities for using cloud services and infrastructure to improve IT to reduce program cost or schedule
- Hands-on design and implementation of cloud solutions in programs and shared environments
- Develop key reference architectures and designs for Cloud implementations
- Researching new Cloud technology trends, assessing their utility and developing concept of operations for deployment, including the latest IaaS and PaaS trends.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for junior engineers of the team
- Developing business case justifications for Cloud services, and presenting this information to program management, along with bid metrics for customer proposals.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience with public Cloud implementations, e.g. Google, Kubernetes
- Experience scripting in languages such as Perl, Ruby, Powershell, BASH or Python
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with infrastructure deployment tools such as Packer and Terraform
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps
- Deep understanding of cloud computing based architectures, including IaaS, Paas and SaaS models
- First rate communication stakeholder management skills
- Works comfortably in an Agile environment to uplift platforms in maturity
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, solution orientated
What's on Offer
The roles provides a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join a very established global IT consultancy on a rolling daily rate contract. The company offers a fantastic company culture, benefits and opportunity to grow with the business.