Senior Commercial Manager- Software
12 month fixed term contract
Lead the vendor management for Software
About Our Client
The client is a leading financial services organisation.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively develop and manage partners, vendors or categories to best practise sourcing standards
- Identify and drive total cost of ownership and demand management initiatives to deliver annualised savings to specific targets set annually to align with business need
- Contribute to and develop commercial strategies relating to sourcing from external vendor and where assigned manage and lead the implementation of these strategies as appropriate
- Develop, implement and manage appropriate strategies and processes to ensure relationships with key partners and vendors deliver competitive solutions, which enable to meet business objectives
- Knowledge of vendor market and effectively applying this to the development of partner and vendor relationships and acquisition practices
- Understand current trends / movements in vendor and partner management
- Assist in the provision of commercial advice / direction, risk analysis and assistance with dispute resolution to internal stakeholders in relation to vendor and contract management
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have:
- Greater than 6 years in a commercial environment including experience in negotiating and managing vendor relationships, contracts and complex commercial models, specific experience in working with enterprise software vendors
Other key attributes include:
- Experience in the management of Enterprise software vendors with proven ability to understand he complexities of the licensing entitlements, assess the capability of suppliers and commercial proposals
- Strong analytical skills and exposure to activity based costing or technology charge out model
- Demonstrated capability in developing and managing effective partnerships through aligning shared goals and leveraging key commercial insights to deliver greater value
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract law for contract interpretation and drafting purposes
- Demonstrated ability to develop, interpret and manage complex high value contracts and technology relationships.
What's on Offer
This is an initial 12 month fixed term arrangement with a generous salary package on offer. You will be working within an experienced manager and team and will be a key member responsible for all software vendor management.