Senior Communications Advisor (contract)
6 - 12 month contract for an experienced change comms professional
This role will require you deliver various Covid-19 updates externally
About Our Client
Working closely with the Director of Communications you will play a leading role in developing and producing a high standard of work. This role will mostly be external facing, so you will regularly deal with various senior stakeholders within the media. This role also requires close collaboration with several departments across the organisation to produce and deliver compelling communications that will continue to build the organisations profile. Recently, due to Covid-19 the focus has become more reactive and will rely heavily on you managing various issues and change comms projects.
- Advise and inform Senior Managers across the organisation on the development and implementation of stakeholder communications strategies
- Manage communication delivered to a wider audience on Covid-19 updates
- Unpacking issues, work closely with the Comms Director to develop and deliver communications across several platforms
- Work with members, consumers, industry and other external stakeholders to drive and deliver an external communications strategy that improves the quality of the relationship between the organisation and the media
- Contribute to the regular review of communications strategies, undertaking SWOT and other analysis, recommending improvements and development of communications plans to support implementation of these strategies
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to members of the communications team, especially in the delivery of high quality, timely and wanted communications services
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role you must be ready to start immediately and able to commit to the role for the required 6-12 months. You will be a communications expert who is confident in delivering and producing high quality comms with the ability to support a team and line manage a comms officer. You will have recent experience working within a similar role, ideally with a heavy emphasis of change comms and issues management.
Key requirements for the role:
- Degree qualifications in communications or a related, relevant field are required
- Experience as a senior communications practitioner, with internal and external stakeholder communications and relations focus
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of modern communications principles and management of internal and external relations/communications - mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, to motivate others to produce desired outcomes and to contribute to desired team culture and outputs - mandatory
- Proven ability to simultaneously coordinate several communication activities or projects, manage competing priorities and achieve required outputs on time and on budget
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to write, edit and produce highly professional communications solutions across a range of modern media and channels
- High level of interpersonal and communications skills that demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
What's on Offer
For your hard work and commitment to the role you will be rewarded with the opportunity to some very interesting and high profile projects. You will liaise and deal with various stakeholders, raising your profile within this space.