Senior Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Great Western Sydney Location, minutes from transport
About Our Client
This is a team driven to work together to ensure the best outcome and drive initiatives to achieve team goals.
This role coordinates and delivers a broad range of internal and external communication and stakeholder engagement services within a designated program or region of the client. This includes providing specialist advice and services across community consultation, customer information, internal communication, issues management and digital strategies.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication and stakeholder engagement strategies for high-profile, complex, contentious or publicly sensitive projects.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication and engagement plans, activities and events to provide opportunities for community and stakeholder involvement. This includes communication and consultation materials, workshops and briefings, internal communications, online and digital initiatives, issues management and liaison with media unit.
- Work with other senior Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Officers and Managers to develop, deliver and manage communications, engagement, and government services activities to time, cost and expectations.
- Provide specialist advice and support on community and stakeholder communication and engagement issues, risks and opportunities and appropriate management strategies.
- Plan and deliver community and stakeholder events, workshops, briefings, information sessions and presentations including facilitating public meetings and group discussions.
- Build and maintain collaborative and consultative working relationships with internal teams
and external stakeholders including community groups and associations to promote open
The Successful Applicant
You as a candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in communications, community engagement, consultation, public relations, government relations or media, particularly within a government or services environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and evaluate communications and stakeholder engagement strategies and delivery plans, including experience using a wide range of engagement tools.
- Proven ability to proactively identify, manage and resolve conflict and issues on complex and/or high-profile projects, while working in a politically sensitive environment.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and record strategic relationships both internal (teams, managers and executives) and external (stakeholders and government agencies) to the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills with demonstrated experience writing for different audiences and translating complex and technical information into accessible plain English including the use of visual tools.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting public meetings and forums, facilitating group discussions and presenting in front of an audience.
- Proven organisational skills including a high degree of initiative and flexibility, with demonstrated ability to manage resources to meet competing priorities.
- Proven leadership skills including demonstrated experience in driving innovation, influencing
What's on Offer
- Great 3 month contract
- Competitive hourly rate
- Growing team
- Make this role your own