Senior Communications Officer
Develop & manage communication strategies
2 x positions available
About Our Client
This local government body is one of the largest local governments in the Asia-Pacific region. They are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that is highly engaged and capable to help deliver visions for the city. This client has six divisions that help run services and activities to manage resources.
- Provide strategic community engagement advice to key stakeholders
Develop and manage communication and engagement strategies, ensuring deadlines, budgets and organisational priorities are met
- Develop and deliver a wide range of communication tools, to meet the diverse needs of the Brisbane community
- Work in partnership with your team leader to agreed performance standards and mutual expectations
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards in order to contribute to a culture of performance excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and evaluate communication and community engagement strategies to support infrastructure project outcomes and goals.
- Thorough knowledge of communication issues and practices to reach positive project communication outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to research, write, edit, proofread and present for a range of projects and audiences.
- Demonstrated experience of planning and managing resources and time-frames to ensure the successful communication of project activities and impacts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining positive working relationships to influence a diverse range of stakeholders, including elected representatives, senior managers, project managers, consultants and contractors.
- Experience in producing communication strategies for construction and delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related discipline.
What's on Offer
- Band 6 classification
- 6 month contract (August 2020 - February 2021)
- Brisbane inner suburbs location
- Work across multiple infrastructure projects