Senior Compliance Officer
Dynamic, fast paced environment and team
Excellent opportunity to transition into a new public sector role
About Our Client
Our client is a public sector organisation with a strong commitment to improving the lives of all in NSW. With a strong commitment to community engagement and safety, this client prides itself on ensuring that it operates in a manner demonstrating its strong commitment to compliance culture. A people friendly organisation, this client is a public sector employer of choice in NSW.
This role is a temporary contract and will require a quick learner with the ability to quickly get up to speed and operate autonomously in a new environment. Key duties will include:
- ensuring operational systems comply with all regulatory obligations;
- being familiar with privacy, WHS, security and WHS legislative/regulatory frameworks;
- preparation of privacy advice;
- assessment of compliance frameworks and monitoring of risks;
- resolution of identified risks;
- being familiar with GIPA requests; and
- assisting in the development of a WHS plan.
This role operates in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful applicant will be required to manage internal/external stakeholders with competing interests and to drive a cultural commitment to compliance culture.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years experience in a similar senior compliance role preferably in both private enterprise and the public sector. You will have a legal background and have a demonstrable ability to analyse/interpret legislative or regulatory frameworks.
The successful applicant must:
- have a tertiary degree in law;
- have 5+ years experience in large government organisations;
- have a proven track record with governance/compliance frameworks;
- be able to assess gaps and improve compliance frameworks in an autonomous nature;
- have proven stakeholder management skills;
- be familiar with Privacy Law; and
- have excellent communication skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive remuneration based on knowledge and experience.