Senior Data Analyst - Predictive Modelling & Machine Learning
Provide positive insights to better patients across Western Sydney
Develop capability across BI, Data and Business Analysis
About Our Client
Our client is a large Health organisation who exist to provide a patient-centred care environment across Western Sydney
Key roles & responsibilities;
- Responsible for developing and delivering data analytics solutions that fulfil customers business information needs using demonstrated capability in statistical concepts, hypothesis testing, probability modelling and machine learning concepts with skills in R and Python or similar tools.
- Responsible for developing advanced visualisation methods to provide user access to interactive presentation and reporting across visualisation toolsets such as QlikView, Dashboards etc.
- Ability to engage in the end-to-end data and analytics lifecycle by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver high value insights and tangible solution outcomes.
- Responsible for developing cloud-enabled analytical services such as Azure and manage specialised data sets via the cloud.
- Responsible for interrogating databases, data warehouses and other data assets such as SQL databases and Oracle using SQL skills.
- Ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect with the purpose of maintaining advantageous stakeholder relationships
- Maintain and improve the Agile project management framework
- Analyse and model the business to create a complete picture of workflows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed reporting or analytical solution.
- Identify and validate key business requirements.
- Facilitate workshops, interviews and other customer engagements to capture multiple solution requirements whilst negotiating priority, capability and resources to realise the best value innovative solution.
- Create and maintain functional and technical requirements documentation.
- Undertake business analysis of current and future state processes and scenarios.
- Develop test plans, UAT and Data Validation process documentation, and use cases
- Contribute to the development of the BI business plan and be actively involved in the personal development program.
- Responsible for delivering analytics and BI projects to provide the best decision making information for health professionals
The Successful Applicant
Key Selection Criteria;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or advanced degree in related discipline. Master's degree preferred. A minimum of 3 -5 years experience working across data or analytics focused roles utilising a consultative approach to solving business problems. Ideally holding recognised certifications e.g. CBAP, PMBOK, Prince2.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in working with Information Strategy, Data Governance & Architecture, Big Data & Analytics, Information Lifecycle Management, Business intelligence visualisation initiatives and experience developing software solutions is a key requirement for this position. Experience in bioinformatics is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret health information, experience in data modelling and a background of hands-on experience with ETL, database management, BI dashboards and application development. Significant experience delivering analytics and/or business intelligence projects utilising progressive thinking and innovative technology in the area of data and analytics.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise competing demands and achieve results with a customer focused approach.
- Proven application of problem solving skills to address complex health data and analytics challenges. Proven ability to work with data architects, analysts and engineers to deliver solutions that deliver high value insights to business performance.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with extensive experience in engaging senior business stakeholders to communicate complex data and analytics concepts and ideas.
- Proven effectiveness coaching and advising stakeholders, users and staff on the project management methodology, whilst always fostering a performance based and customer focused work culture
- Proven capacity to develop, implement and promote initiatives, including the capability to plan, manage change, improve performance and project manage.
What's on Offer
Permanent Senior Data Analyst position available at major Health organisation based in Western Sydney. Attractive salary for the right applicant and opportunity to grow both BI and Business Analytics capability within a Data Driven environment. In addition to this work on developing insights that will directly effect people's lives in a positive manner.