- Large enterprise financial services organisation.
- Work from home 2-3 days per week.
About Our Client
This nationally recognised enterprise financial services organisation is enjoying an exciting period of growth. As they look to achieve greater scalability and continue to utilise the latest Azure BI technologies to provide insights to the business with a view to improving efficiency and achieving positive outcomes.
Key duties will include:
- Development and migration of scalable data packages and pipelines using Microsoft on-premise and Azure technologies.
- Derive data management structures to support consistency of information retrieval, analysis and interpretation, throughout the organisation.
- Help to implement Azure DevOps practises to streamline and automate development and deployment activities.
- Maintain and apply up to date, specialist knowledge of data concepts, data modelling techniques and design principles.
- Assist in development of design standards and techniques.
- Develop alerting, reporting and dashboards to monitor ETL pipelines and resolve incidents as required to ensure the integrity of the platform
- Undertake database performance tuning activities to ensure ETL processes complete within defined timeframes.
- Provide technical advice regarding the current and future data technology environment.
- Where appropriate, coach, mentor and encourage other team members within the Analytics team to broaden, develop and enhance their skills to achieve competency uplift.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required:
- Deep understanding of Business Intelligence and other aspects of reporting/analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing DevOps practices, including cloud automation, supporting and maintaining Azure DevOps functions such as CI/CD, ARM and pipelines.
- Development experience, designing, developing and supporting various data technologies including, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, MS SQL Server, Azure Synapse, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Python or R.
- Ability to work with a range of diverse data sets including operational databases, CDC, CSV, XML, JSON etc.
- Demonstrated experience working on Business Intelligence platforms with related design and development tools.
- Strong experience building data marts using the Kimball methodology.
- High-level of interpersonal skills (including both written and oral communications skills) and the ability to liaise with business and technical stakeholders on complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in highly regulated industries or a good understanding of data warehouse, reporting and BI in the context of financial services and/or the life insurance industry is highly desirable.
- Microsoft Azure Certification is highly desired.
- Experience working in big data environments and big data file formats including Parquet, Avro etc would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the full SDLC and Agile methodologies is desirable.
What's on Offer
- Brisbane CBD location
- Work from home 2-3 days per week, or more as needed.
- Initial 2 year fixed-term contract with excellent chance of extension or permanent employment thereafter.
- Competitive annual salary and employee benefits.
- Work with an established, collaborative and highly skilled team of BI and Data professionals, working with the latest Microsoft SQL and Azure BI technologies to achieve excellent outcomes.