Senior Data Scientist/Engineer
Great opportunity with a large ASX listed enterprise business
New direction for the business
About Our Client
Our client is nationally renowned Australian business with a brand that is associated with excellence and high performance. As an organisation they are renowned for their long-standing reputation within the Australian market for providing rewarding careers to their employees and they are now seeking Senior Data Scientists and Data Engineers to assist on greenfields projects.
They have recently gone through significant organisational change to make them a powerhouse in their field. This role will be pivotal to their 2020 business plan.
You will work with the analytics head and help design and develop forecasting models allowing the organisation to make evidence-based decisions and deliver better outcomes. This role will heavily involve adding Machine Learning, AI and Predictive analytics principles.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal person with be an outgoing individual who has the ability to immerse themselves across the business from day one, furthermore you posses the following:
- Data acquisition, profiling, cleansing and consolidation expertise together with coding skills (eg R, Python etc)
- Its desirable to have data processing experience with some of the major cloud based solutions (AWS or Azure).
- Adept at working with structured and unstructured data.
- Data science concepts (i.e., predictive algorithms, cognitive computing etc) and applications.
- Strong knowledge in statistical analysis techniques, e.g., regression modelling, hypothesis testing, experimental testing
- Solid understanding of machine learning (and AI) techniques, such as supervised and unsupervised analysis techniques as well as probabilistic modelling.
- Clear communication skills as you will need to present and communicate with stakeholders of all levels.
- The ability to present and advise on changes to the data science practices within the organisation.
- Experience with statistical modelling packages such as SPSS.
What's on Offer
- Permanent role.
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Central CBD Location