Senior Design Engineer
Join a leading Australian owned manufacturer
Highly innovative pipeline of projects
About Our Client
Proud Australian owned manufacturer of high quality products. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are located in the heart of Melbourne, Victoria and have been in operation since 1989. For generations they have been pioneering best in their industry through continued investment in product development and innovation.
Reporting to the Head of Innovation, the primary purpose of this role is for project managing new product introductions and compliance projects in line with their regulatory and customer requirements.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Leading project milestones and budgets ensuring that they are in line with the original project deliverables.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of new product design, establishing design specifications, failure modes and effects analysis and design validation.
- Responsible for preparing engineering drawings - CAD modelling (Solidworks) in relation to new product designs.
- Support pilot production activities and test plans.
- Ensuring documentation review and sign off is completed.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support Bill of Materials creation.
- Liaise with external parties, OEM suppliers, design companies and component suppliers.
- Learn and understand the Australian and International compliance requirements.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must satisfy the following:
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer
- Highly experienced on Solidworks
- Background in manufacturing environment dealing directly with suppliers
- Track record of taking the initiative and being a self-starter
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
An attractive salary package is on offer, as is the chance to work for an award winning market leading manufacturer who offers a great work/life balance and career opportunities.