- Unique leadership position for an experienced, Senior Development Manager
- High-paying salary and the ability to chose your projects and sites
About Our Client
Our client is a private developer who delivers luxury residential, hotel, mixed-use and commercial projects across Australia. This business places a high emphasis on selecting the best locations for their projects, and takes pride in delivering quality works in key areas across capital cities in Australia.
The business is highly sought-after by investors, and has surplus land in every city across the country for future developments. This company has stability, and plenty of opportunity for future growth as well.
This is a key role within the organisation, and the successful candidate will be responsible for the entire end to end development process, as well as playing a key leadership function. You will be a Senior Development Manager who has the ability to identify and acquire sites, as well as manage the construction process, while overseeing staff within the business as the General Manager. A truly unique opportunity that's not to be missed!
You will also be responsible for:
- Completing feasibility studies for potential sites
- Completing due diligence, reporting and quality control activities
- Acquiring sites for future developments
- Securing finance from banks and liaising with investors
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Negotiating with vendors and agents to secure the best deal for the project
- Overseeing the entire construction process from end to end, including tendering, engagement with contractors and consultants, budget control, delivery and defects/liability periods.
- Manage and lead the internal staff within the business
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience operating as a Senior Development Manager
- Be well-connected in the property sector, with the ability to leverage those relationships when you need consultants and specialists at short notice.
- Be highly personable, with strong communication and stakeholder skills.
- Demonstrated experience in completing feasibility studies, negotiating, and acquiring sites that will generate the highest possible return on investment.
- Demonstrated experience delivering building projects in the residential, commercial, mixed-use and/or hotel sectors.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, ideally within a small firm where you have had exposure and been responsible for the entire running of the company.
- Experiencing in acquiring sites to build an even stronger pipeline of works for the future.
- A willingness to take ownership over the direction of the business. You will be reporting into the CEO but will have a high-level of autonomy to decide what sites you acquire and what projects you deliver. As such, you need to be prepared to make smart, strategic decisions.
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity that does not present itself very often. The successful candidate will be entering into a company where they can drive the direction of the business, and make key, strategic decisions.
The successful candidate will also receive:
- A high-paying salary ranging between $265,000 - $300,000/year, plus performance bonuses.
- An experienced team who has been with the business for a number of years, meaning they know their clients well and can help you build relationships with them quickly.
- Autonomy to lead the business as you see fit.
- Flexibility to acquire sites and deliver projects that you feel will be best suited to the firm.
- A unique leadership opportunity like no other.