- National Tier 2, Multi Award Winning Commercial Main Building Contractor
- Outstanding culture within the, well resourced, tender team
About Our Client
My client is a nationally recognised commercial construction business with offices in all major metropolitan areas nationally. The company deliver, award winning, commercial new build and refurbishment projects across all non-residential sectors. They take a very careful and considered approach to the people they bring on board to maintain and build on an empowering and collaborative culture where people are encouraged and supported in their career aspirations.
The company's management executives believe that the foundation of their success lies within their people and the strategic selection of high performing and experienced construction professionals who have successfully managed and delivered projects for Australia's leading organisations.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and budgets
- Receive record and compare subcontractor and supplier bids
- Prepare preliminaries estimates
- Recommendations to Chief Estimator and General Manager regarding preliminaries, risk / opportunity and margin allowances for tenders
- Compile Tender summary sheet, including labour histogram, preliminaries and detailed subcontractor / supplier quotation analysis
- Develop and maintain subcontractor and supplier relationships and data base.
- Prepare hand over documents, with the Chief Estimator, Bid team and participate in handover and project launch in accordance with the company's BMS.
- Supervise, train and mentor cadets and junior estimators.
- Negotiate with client and consultants, following submission of tender and prior to acceptance, in accordance with the company's BMS
- Maintain estimate document control and filing system and data bases in both hard copy and electronic, in accordance with the BMS
The Successful Applicant
- Min 8 years' local commercial construction estimating experience (NON Residential)
- Associated Tertiary qualifications
- Experience tendering on projects valued $20Mil upwards
- Able to estimate across multiple disciplines
- Organized and detailed with high level of accuracy
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Positive and professional attitude with ability to collaborate with other staff
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package with a stable and secure upper tier business
- Enjoy a team-oriented culture
- Time flexibility with true work life balance