Senior Events Executive - Hospitality
Work for a reputable award winning venue in the hospitality industry
Be part of an iconic hospitality group in Sydney
About Our Client
An award winning venue featuring accommodation and fine dinning, together with live entertainment.
This iconic venue has been in the market for over a century and continues successfully growing.
- Develop, plan and execute events and promotions
- Work closely with the Marketing, Sales and Operations team to achieve joint positive outcomes
- Deliver innovative, revenue-generating event concepts which are on trend
- Coordinate staff and ensure they understand the expectations for event delivery and customer experience
- Be knowledgeable in legislation and safety guidelines around hosting events
- Proactively communicate to all business units event and promotional activity in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare documents, proposals, pitches, run sheets etc
- Review, analyse and report on outcomes including ROI
- Ensure all costs are maintained within budget
- Maintain and develop strategic partnerships with suppliers and sponsors
- Prepare industry awards submissions where required
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in event management, management or similar
- Five years + experience in hospitality
- Proven end-to-end event management experience
- Demonstrable experience in supervising staff
- Proven negotiation skills
- Highly creative and ability to "think outside the box"
- Proven success in managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative flair and an eye for detail
- Solid organisational skills, with a capacity to work autonomously and prioritise and work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility with work hours - ability to work nights, weekends and public holidays.
What's on Offer
- Career progression
- Work with an award winning company
- Great location