Senior Finance Analyst
Great company culture
Work closely with senior stakeholders
About Our Client
Manningham Council is an organisation who invest in people. They're a values based organisation who has a big responsibility to deliver 100 diverse services to their community.
Manningham has also set themselves a big goal - to be the best Council in Victoria. So they are embracing new technology and improving their customer's experiences. It's a very exciting time to be working at Manningham.
Working at Manningham is often challenging where no day is the same. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of your work, have your ideas heard and your achievements acknowledged.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will develop relationships with key senior stakeholders in order to complete the following responsibilities;
- Develop a costing framework to guide Council's approach to understanding and monitoring service costs.
- Develop an activity based costing model for use across service units.
- Develop and implement practices and policies in relation to cost control and improved financial performance.
- Provide expert advice in relation to cost management to CEO, directors, service unit managers and other key stakeholders.
- Undertake analysis of business performance and make recommendations in relation to improvements and opportunities.
- Partner the Chief Financial Officer to develop, embed and monitor specific cost and revenue measures across operations.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators and respond proactively to variances as they arise.
- Support budget development and financial reporting for capital works expenditure.
- Develop processes and systems to integrate the financial outcomes of asset management plans into Manningham Council's long term financial plan and annual budgets.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders to resolve cross departmental service issues.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with service unit managers, finance officers, and other stakeholders to improve finance outcomes through better monitoring and understanding of budgets.
- Prepare reports for Councillors and other audiences and make presentations as appropriate.
- Develop and implement work systems, practices and processes that support responsive and flexible customer service and are financially responsible.
- Provide expert operational advice into policy development.
- Undertake financial transactions within delegated authority including budget maintenance.
- Implement robust information management practices.
- Participate in internal and external audits and implement audit actions.
- Engage in collaborative and effective relationships that assist in delivery of projects.
- Develop and deliver staff training and education programs on cost management and the monitoring of financial outcomes.
- Provide operational leadership and supervision to the Financial Services team in the absence of the Group Manager and undertake delegations as required.
- Undertake people management practices in line with policies and procedures and relevant legislative requirements.
- Develop others to be their best
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be able to display the following;
- A highly experienced leader in the delivery of cost management services in a complex medium to large organisation.
- An experienced analyst with proven success in reviewing data, developing innovative solutions to complex problems and presenting recommendations.
- A strategist who can develop and implement strategies to deliver positive financial outcomes.
- An influencer and collaborator with the ability to build strong stakeholder partnerships and relationships.
- Experienced in the development of financial reporting systems and processes.
- Flexible to respond to changing priorities and able to complete tasks within tight timeframes
- A CPA/CA who is tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance.
- Knowledgeable in government or local government organisations.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to the role will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package. You will enjoy functioning within a team which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities. You will be working with an organisation that values work life balance and flexibility.