Senior Financial Accountant | FMCG | US Business
Opportunity to join a large US listed company
Career progression in a growing business
About Our Client
Our client is a large US listed business located in South Sydney. Growing rapidly in their market, they have identified a need for a Senior Financial Accountant to develop into a leadership role. They offer competitive salary packages, career progression, health benefits, volunteer opportunities and on-site parking.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and complying with all US GAAP requirements to ensure revenue recognition is appropriate
- Maintaining sufficient inventory valuation
- All balance sheet accounts
- Statutory compliance including corporate and business taxes, consumption taxes
- Critically reviewing all business processes to ensure SOX compliance
- Ensuring all aspects of month end are complete
This is a leadership role with no direct reports. You will be expected to lead by example, conduct training, and present regularly.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be CA/CPA qualified with a chartered background from a Big 4 firm. Similar experience in a large US business or multi-national is essential. You must have worked with overseas shared service centres. As communication with many departments is key, your verbal and written skills must be strong. Most importantly, you must be able to demonstrate leadership capabilities.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to join a large US listed company
- Career progression in a growing business
- Convenient South Sydney location, near public transit and on-site parking