- Work with and be mentored by an elite CFO from the investment banking space
- Gain exposure to all facets of the accounting process
About Our Client
This organisation delivers construction services and manages the development of key infrastructure assets with an annual budget of over $500m. The executive leadership team have worked within some of the world's largest and most prestigious organisations from Investment Banks through to Global Construction Services and Industrial market leaders.
The organisation expects to see significant growth over the next 5 years and are well placed to take advantage of major new government infrastructure projects which are already in pipeline. This is the perfect role for a project accountant with experience of large construction projects who want to be a part of something that will have huge implications for Australia's future.
- Complete weekly bank reconciliations of the company's bank accounts Budgeting & Business Planning
- Partner with finance and the delivery team to develop the annual budget and three year forecast
- Work closely with the delivery team to monitor progress against budget and Forecast Final Cost Estimates (FFCE)
- Ensure that all expenditure incurred is within the Board approved budget
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and providing analysis of variances Taxation
- BAS Prepare monthly Group BAS returns for the company, its subsidiaries and investee companies. (5 entities)
- Prepare PAYG, GST and other reports for submission to the ATO. Reporting
- Maintain Fixed assets register and reconciliation to General Ledger.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for 4 entities.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies, procedures and accounting internal controls.
- Assist with the year-end audit process, working closely with the company's auditors.
- Assist with the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Proactively support the GM Finance and CFO in delivery of process improvements Payroll (to be outsourced).
- Process monthly payroll for staff and directors
- Process accounts payable and invoices in line with procurement policy
- Process Ground Rent, Licence fees and Rail Access charges ̶ Process intercompany invoices as required
- Proactively manage the procurement process to ensure that documentation is completed for all procurement activities.
The Successful Applicant
- 3 + years of experience at a Big 4 firm.
- CA or equivalent qualified
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What's on Offer
- Work on one of Sydney's newest and most exciting construction projects
- Report into and be mentored by a CFO who has 20+ years of investment banking experience across the globe.
- Work with an elite board of exceptional professionals.
- Very competitive salary
- Office is located in the heart of Sydney's CBD
- Excellent move for a diligent and exceptional auditor who is seeking to develop their accounting skills in a commercial environment.