Senior Financial Accountant
Great Career Development
About Our Client
Bio-Strategy is a growing distributor of equipment and consumables to the scientific community throughout Australia and New Zealand providing quality technology solutions for research, biotechnology, clinical diagnostics and industrial applications. Their highly qualified team share a passion for science and have been able to develop strong partnerships with world leading suppliers.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the main responsibilities of your role will include;
- Preparation of monthly management reports including highlighting opportunities for improvement and/or issues of concern to management relating to margin and cost management
- Manage and mentor a team of 4 - 5 including Financial Accountant and AP / AR team.
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for Australian / New Zealand entities
- Overseeing tax compliance for both Australian and New Zealand including Corporate Tax, FBT and GST Returns
- Payroll - coordinate the preparation of the monthly Australian and New Zealand Payroll
- Management of General Ledger - ensuring integrity of the General Ledger through accurate and timely processing of transactions, accruals and prepayments to appropriate Costs Centres
- Assist in the annual budget process including the development of the budget model
- Assist in the monthly forecast process including development of the forecast model
- Ensure that accurate cash flow reporting is prepared monthly and communicated to management
- Work closely with the Senior Management Accountant and provide back up when required to ensure the companys reporting and statutory obligations are met on a timely basis.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced finance professional who has a passion for mentoring staff and automating processes. You will have a CA or CPA qualification with 4 to 6 years post qualifications experience and an ability to develop as the business continues to grow . Experience preparing statutory financial statements and a strong understanding of both indirect and direct tax will be a must. Experience using NetSuite would be preferable.
What's on Offer
On offer to the candidate:
- Continued investment in your professional development
- Supportive and collaborative team culture
- Competitive remuneration package