Senior Financial Accountant
About Our Client
Our client is an established privately owned logistics based within the Melbourne CBD, allowing for innovative learning and development, as well as flexible work life balance. This large scale organisation pride themselves on high standards and in doing so have outstanding results. Being able to communicate with others and work in a team are essential qualities to succeed within the organisation as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learnings. Being a large scale organisation there are many staff benefits including job security and career progression.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Prepare reconciliation of general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of the monthly Business Activity Statement ensuring that all transactions have been accounted for accurately for goods and services tax.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements and other reports as required.
- Develop and maintain Financial Accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the delivery of specific projects that arise from time to time as directed by the Manager Financial Accounting.
- Complete activities associated with fixed assets including; the processing of regular additions and disposals, depreciation run, useful life reviews and impairment analysis.
- Prepare daily and month-end journals to ensure that all relevant transactions are accurately reflected in the financial ledgers.
- Maintain appropriate records to calculate and prepare the monthly payroll tax. Ensure that information relating to temporary and contract staff is accurately recorded to ensure the completion of monthly payroll tax payments and the annual reconciliation in line with statutory requirements.
- Ad hoc projects and further business analysis
The Successful Applicant
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious financial accountant looking to take the next step in your career. Exposure to ASX or logistics companies will be beneficial, with the ability to value teamwork and willingness to challenge those around you in order to grow together. Communication skills to internal and external stakeholders is paramount. CA or CPA qualification and a familiarity with accounting systems as well as strong excel skills are preferred.
What's on Offer
The ability to hit the ground running and display a strong work ethic, will allow you to thrive in a diverse working environment. In doing so you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package as well as continuous learning and development. Proving your ability within the role will allow for flexible working hours and a focus on work life balance as well as career progression.