- Work under a highly skilled CFO
- Lead a team
About Our Client
Our Client is a professional services company who genuinely has its customer at the core of everything they do. They work to provide excellent service options and tailored solutions to meet the needs of their customer. With an increased demand over he last 12 months they are seeking to sharpen the pencil on the finance function and ensure the people, systems and processes are in place to allow them to deliver to the level they strive for.
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will report to the CFO and lead a small team of accounting staff. Broadly speaking you will take be responsible for integrating finance operations, forecasting and budgeting, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, and ensuring the financial stability of the organisation.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies
- Gather and analyse financial information for to evaluate the company's performance with your demonstrated Excel / analytical skills,
- Take ownership gross margin and cash flow
- Support budgeting and funding
- Forecasting for business planning and decision-making
- Management of the preparation and lodgement of BAS, PAYG, FBT and related tax calculations
- People leadership and development
The Successful Applicant
- CA / CPA qualified
- Demonstrated financial accounting skill set in a service based industry
- Proven team leadership skills
- Strong systems exposure including change management, upgrade and integration work
- Proven experience and an ongoing desire to drive process improvement, including a coachable and adaptable mindset
- Advanced user of Excel and not adverse to heavy use to manipulate data
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role based just outside of the Perth CBD, with the opportunity to continue to develop your experience under the guidance of a seasoned CFO while having enough autonomy to lead the team and make improvements. The culture is very progressive in terms of personal and professional development and they are very encouraging of the ongoing learning and coaching of employees.