- Great team environment
- Large tenement holding in Cobar Basin in New South wales
About Our Client
Anchor Resources Limited is a well-funded, dynamic junior exploration company with diversified zinc-lead, copper, gold and strategic metal projects in New South Wales and North Queensland. Many of these projects have been developed from conceptual exploration models and have returned highly encouraging results in first pass reconnaissance drilling, confirming the discovery of several major mineral systems. An aggressive grass roots exploration program is currently in progress and several new targets have been identified for drilling. The Company is now focused on these mineral systems and high potential targets to achieve its growth ambitions.
This role will involve, but not be limited to the following key tasks:
- Planning, implementing, and managing Anchor's exploration programs
- Provide leadership, motivation and mentoring to a small team of exploration professionals
- Design and deliver effective drilling, geophysical, geochemical, and field mapping programs
- Generate exploration targets and plan cost effective work programs
- Assist in the compilation of data and complete the reporting of exploration activities
- Safety leadership ensuring the safe delivery of exploration activities
- Supervision of RC and diamond drilling and geophysical (IP, gravity, DHEM, etc) contractors
- Preparation of government statutory reports and applications for various work programs, internal reports, and regular summary activity reports for the Board of Directors and advisors
- Negotiation of land access agreements with landowners and promotion of constructive community relationships
- Ensure full compliance of exploration activities with government regulations and Company site policies and procedures
- Promote and maintain a high standard of safety focused exploration and environmental management and rehabilitation.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including contractors, landholders, native title groups and local communities.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified exploration or mining geologist
- 7+ years' experience and a passion for discovery
- Bachelor's Degree majoring in geology or geophysics
- Base metal and gold exploration experience
- Good understanding of structurally controlled base metal - gold deposits
- Hands-on experience planning RC and Diamond drilling programs
- Flexible can-do attitude working with a small company with growth ambitions
- GIS and geological software skills to manage and interpret data to evaluate the targets
- Manual driver's license and experience in working in remote locations
- Rights to work in Australia
What's on Offer
Working within a great team environment with significant exploration experience on a large tenement holding in the prospective Cobar Basin in New South Wales the successful candidate will be given an opportunity to join a growing company in a key leadership role on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a great career opportunity working for a small company with growth ambitions through discovery.