Senior HR Manager
Excellent opportunity to join a leading Financial Services business
Sydney CBD Location
About Our Client
My client is a leading Financial Services Institution based in the Sydney CBD.
Leadership and Management
- Lead, manage and motivate your team. Monitor their performance and provide feedback and foster their development.
- Ensure that each employee in your team completes their work in accordance with company, branch and department policies.
- Actively develop talent and manage any underperformance in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Responsible for preparing the staff performance plans for your team and conducting staff appraisals, which are consistent with the strategic priorities and the Head of HR.
- You will also set an example for the more junior members of the team on the company values and behaviours.
Keeping abreast of HR developments, such as best industry practices and legislation and provide advice to Management and relevant parties. Attend as required HR APAC and HR global meetings in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo or other overseas destinations.
Represent Sydney branch in HR APAC teleconferences and video conferences.
Strategic Management and Project Management
Assist in the development and the implementation of the HR Strategy and plans.
Take a lead role in developing and implementing the learning and development plan for the branch.
Developing and implementing a professional framework and methodology of recruitment and selection to attract high caliber candidates; select suitably skilled and qualified candidates through standardised selection methods and applying appropriate compliance checks, such as reference, police and insolvency checks.
Designing, implementing and monitoring a framework and process for Performance Management for the measurement and development of high performance employees. This includes guidance to management and employees on performance management, career development, coaching, counseling employees on performance and behavior.
Reviewing existing HR Policies and processes, revising or formulating additional policies and processes as required.
Continually reviewing and identifying ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR department which may include implementing automated systems for manual operations.
HR Operational Support
Coaching, advising and supporting senior management, line managers and employees on HR related matters such as policy interpretation, industrial relations legislation, organisational design, recruitment and selection, work health and safety, remuneration and benefits, performance management (including disciplinary matters and terminations), learning and development and other related HR fields.
Applying an analytical assessment of HR issues and problems and providing considered recommendations within the scope of Australian law, company policy and procedures, and best practice.
Managing the immigration processes for business visa applications for expatriates.
The Successful Applicant
- A degree in Human Resources or business
- At least fifteen years' experience in Human Resources and at least five years in a senior HR position managing a team
- Strong leadership and management experience and skills to manage Human Resources functions
- Previous experience in managing a HR team
- Ability to develop and implement strategy
- Project management experience of leading HR projects
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Sound time management skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Experience developing new HR policies, processes and tools
- Ability to interpret policy and processes and able to develop local policy which is aligned with Regional and Head Office policy
- Strong Microsoft skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior HR Professional to join the business on a permanent business.