Senior Institutional Sales Manager | Books Department
A leading Global organisation in the publishing industry
High quality product portfolio backed by strong market reputation
About Our Client
Our client SAGE Publishing, is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content, publishing more than 1000 journals and over 800 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. They have helped inform and educate a global community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students in across the business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology and medical space.
With over 2000 employees globally from principle offices in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington D.C and Melbourne, this company believes in providing an excellent learning experience to all who utilise their products and services.
The Senior Institutional Sales Manager's primary objective is to manage and develop the books business and team in the ANZ territory, ensuring increased visibility and presence of the brand and content, whilst also working with their locally contracted agent and distributor. Key responsibilities will include:
- Reaching or exceed revenue targets as given each year.
- Developing relationships with key decision-makers, budget holders and senior administrators at Higher Education institutions.
- Proactively identifying and closing new institutional sales of print and digital products to Higher Education institutions.
- Maintaining and growing existing digital customer relationships to ensure a positive customer experience and implementation of digital products, through effective training and support.
- Developing opportunities for print/digital adoption via various platform and campuses.
- Managing the ANZ Sales team to maximise each individual potential.
- Monitoring competitor activity in the academic market.
- Regular travel across the ANZ as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ideally have proven Business Development experience within the Publishing, Print Textbook or Education space
- Superior selling, communication and marketing skills
- Results oriented with strong negotiation skills
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Proven strategic awareness and business judgement
- Willingness to work at all levels, both independently and as a team
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Personal Integrity
- Strong organisational skills, to handle different aspects of the job
- Quick to learn and proactive, 'can do' approach
Most importantly, you must be dynamic, genuine, personable, driven and passionate about working with SAGE's products in the Print Books industry.
What's on Offer
- Attractive base salary and superannuation
- Tools of trade (phone. laptop etc.)
- Lucrative bonus structure
- Career advancement for proven performance
- Chance to increase profitability within AZN and lead a team
- An exciting opportunity to join a passionate business who believe in collaboration and learning