*SENIOR* INVESTIGATIONS & REVIEW OFFICER NEEDED ASAP!
AVAILABLE TO START ASAP!!
ONGOING CONTRACTS ON OFFER!
About Our Client
Our client is an independent statutory authority designed to promote transparency and accountability through better access to information, balanced with a commitment to privacy rights for the people of New South Wales.
They work to ensure the objectives of the NSW information access and privacy legislation are achieved. They oversee the operation of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and review of decisions made by agencies and ministers under that Act, as well as privacy functions conferred by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
Primary purpose of the role:
- Conduct independent reviews and case manage more complex matters as allocated in order to support members of the public exercise their rights to information and privacy. Develop and provide guidance to assist agency compliance with the legislation administered by the IPC.
- Assist the Manager, Investigations & Review by providing guidance, mentoring, coaching and on-the-job training of team members to ensure effective service delivery.
- Work collegiately with the Principal Review Officer under the guidance and direction of the Manager Investigation and Review to develop, maintain and implement legal precedent and knowledge databases and performance and quality control systems, processes and procedures to support the IPC in meeting its service delivery objectives.
- Effectively case-manage matters, including quality assurance of complaint and review reports, the exercise of delegations and the identification and case management of complex reviews and of investigations into systemic or compliance issues.
- Review and report to the Manager Investigation and Review on timeliness and quality standards.
- Provide ongoing guidance, support and coaching to increase staff capability, and work collegiately with IPC staff to support training in the application of applicable legislation to ensure reviews, complaints and investigations are undertaken in accordance with legislative and policy requirements.
- Support the Principal Review Officer by representing the IPC in courts and tribunals when required.
- Perform a range of administrative, system and workforce management activities to ensure the effective functioning of the team.
- Assist the team in day-to-day work activities and workload to meet the challenges of a demanding, complex and high volume environment.
- Attending to complex case management issues, in accordance with appropriate legislation and policies, and assisting and supporting team members in dealing with challenging factual, legal or client situations.
- Consulting with senior position holders in public sector agencies on sometimes sensitive and controversial issues.
- Integrating a range of technical, operational and policy information in preparing casework documentation and analysing implications of decisions and actions.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicants will:-
- Have appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated experience in applying and interpreting legislation or managing investigations. Ideally be an admitted solicitor in NSW, but this is not essential.
- Demonstrated experience working in administering legislation and investigations, with a sound understanding of investigation principles, process and practices.
- Sound policy, research and analytical skills and demonstrated ability in the analysis of data using quantitative and qualitative approaches, including the capacity to compile and interpret complex data/issues rapidly and accurately.
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding in the application of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, the Privacy & Personal Information Protections Act 1998 and Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
- Familiar with excel and TRIM/RM8 software
- Prioritise and manage multiple tasks and demands including matters with critical turnaround times.
- Exercise discretion in determining the approach to work undertaken and be responsible for interpretation, recommendations made and delivering client and departmental outcomes.
- Formulation of sound decisions regarding GIPA applications in accordance with policy and legislative requirements.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage conflicting priorities in a complex, high volume environment.
- Communicate information to a variety of stakeholders through written reports and briefs.
What's on Offer
Our client is a highly-recognised Government body in urgent need of a Senior Investigations and Review Officer to start ASAP in Sydney CBD!!