Senior Java Engineer
Are you a Java Engineer with 8+ years' experience?
Class yourself as a bit of a mad scientist?
About Our Client
Leader in the provision of Software as a Service products. No servers, no hardware procurement, no problems for IT departments or standard operating environments, simply 100% hosted and supported solutions.
Day to day tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and development of high quality software and hardware modules
- Contribute to and help shape the design and implementation practices and procedures introduced in the team such as design reviews, code reviews and quality assurance.
- Assist in system trials with clients and government agencies to lead to commercial opportunities.
- Practice and promote comprehensive and meticulous code documentation; ensuring traceability, maintainability and enabling work continuity.
- Produce product and system documentation.
- Participate in group design and assist other team members in the group.
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years experience with Java 8
- Extensive experience with Spring Framework and preferably Spring Boot
- OO design skills, Unit testing, Integration testing and Refactoring skills
- Experience with SQL and database design
- Conceptualising and delivering software and hardware related to new technology on schedule and within budget.
- Qualification in Engineering, Computing or similar discipline.
- Commitment to customer centric product innovation.
- Demonstrated aptitude in quality design and 'out of the box' thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to support others in a team environment.
Experience in the following will be highly regarded:
- Angular 2
- Amazon Web Services
- Professional or Enterprise versions of JasperSoft
- Aspose Java API's
What's on Offer