Senior Lawyer - AAT Litigation/ Admin Law
Be apart of a centre of excellence and legal expertise
Highly regarded division in Canberra
About Our Client
This position will require the lawyer to work collaboratively with a small team of solicitors within this desired branch which is responsible for legal services that support the department's trade functions, including this program. The lawyer will predominately advise on, and manage, litigation brought against the program the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT). The lawyers sought under this department will assist in the management of those arrangements and in advising departmental clients on issues arising in relation to this program.
The duties and responsibilities are:
- articulate/ communicate own views
- critically assess internal, client and stakeholder interpretation
- the ability to find common ground in terms of work practices and interpretation
- to escalate matters to the General Counsel (as appropriate) to ensure minimal interruption to workflow and s consistent approach by the branch to the review/resolution of privacy incidents
- to meet regularly with colleagues and EL1/EL2 staff to workshop matters, as a means to ensure consistency in the approach to decision-making
The Successful Applicant
This exclusive position will see you be supported by a great team of professionals and provide a great opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging workplace that will allow you to utilise and provide your expertise to create change.
What's on Offer
This will be a 6 month secondment with the potential to extend a further 6 months. As you will be an employee through my client, you will be offered many attractive benefits including paid leave, a competitive salary and other great company incentives. You must hold a baseline clearance or be eligible for a security clearance to be considered for this position.
If this position sounds like you then please apply directly below now. Furthermore, if you would like to have a confidential discussing regarding this position then please contact Jackie Jones directly on 0420 353 352 or