Senior Lawyer Adminstrative Law & Litigation
Comprehensive benefits package
World top 100 ranked University
About Our Client
Monash is a university of transformation, progress and optimism. Their people are their most valued asset, with academics among the best in the world.
The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) is the central office within the University to deal with legal issues. The office provides comprehensive legal advice and services to management and staff on University related matters, and coordinates access to external legal services.
This position is a senior legal contact within the OGC for disputes and administrative law matters. The incumbent will support the Deputy General Counsel in providing legal advice and services specifically related to Freedom of Information requests, staff and student research misconduct investigations, Ombudsman and IBAC matters, personal injuries and commercial litigation, bespoke investigations, and privacy & data protection issues. As required, the incumbent will also provide legal advice and services relating to student conduct and progress matters.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience in administrative law, ideally within a tertiary education setting. You will also have excellent legal drafting and advocacy skills with a forensic eye for detail;
Significant experience in litigation and dispute resolution, or the ability to quickly develop the necessary expertise suitable for a senior legal role in a large tertiary education institution;
- Highly-developed relationship management skills, including the ability to interact, influence and negotiate at senior levels.
What's on Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package including access to ongoing professional development;
- Interesting and varied work;
- Subsidised on-site parking;
- Competitive salary package.