Senior Legal Counsel (APAC) - Global Tech Company!
Very dynamic, fun and innovative working environment
Responsible for entire APAC region, reporting into Director in the UK
About Our Client
Our client is a super cool, dynamic and innovative, global, technology company that is leading the way in Cloud Software and Management!!
Due to extensive growth, they need a Senior Legal Counsel to provide legal leadership and support across its Asia Pacific business, which includes offices and operations in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong. The successful candidate will also be a key member of their international Legal team responsible for managing all EMEA and APAC commercial matters for the global business.
The role will be primarily focused on providing commercial contracts support to the sales teams in the APAC region and working closely with the business leaders to help them achieve their projected sales growth. The position is based in their super cool office in the CBD and reports directly into the Director of Legal based in London.
- Acting as a Legal business partner for all in-region commercial transactions, with a strong focus on sales.
- Structuring, negotiating and drafting sales, partner and vendor contracts and related agreements which can range from standard contracts to bespoke, complex and enterprise transactions.
- Advising senior executives and other business team members on general legal and contract specific issues and risks, their impact and mitigating actions.
- Instructing external law firms in the APAC region to address specific regulatory matters and local law requirements (especially in China) and advising the business accordingly.
- Providing the requisite legal approval on sales contracts in accordance with our standard policies and procedures, escalating non-standard matters to the Legal Director.
- Partnering with our International Legal team and US Legal team to ensure we have a consistent global approach in the way we work with our internal clients.
- Assisting the US Legal corporate services team in dealing with non-commercial transactional matters (for example, employment, litigation, company secretarial and governance) for the APAC region.
- Providing training to the sales teams on legal engagement and our standard legal policies and procedures
- Attending regular meetings with the sales and legal stakeholders, providing written progress reports and delivering on process improvement initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Solicitor with over 8 years PQE and a strong academic background.
- Extensive background in general IT law and data protection law with significant IT/Internet technology sector experience.
- Previous in-house legal experience working with APAC sales teams in a global technology company.
- A good understanding of cross jurisdictional issues that may arise when negotiating global agreements with multinational companies, particularly in relation to the APAC region.
- Broad transactional background, including extensive general commercial contracting on sales contracts and software licensing/intellectual property experience.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal client and legal stakeholders and act as a business enabler.
- Confident in advising senior management on legal, risk and strategic issues with a willingness to challenge when required.
- Flexible approach, willing to accommodate out of hours work when required to support APAC offices and the legal teams in International and the US.
- Ability to simplify, problem solve, multitask and work effectively against deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously with independent thinking, as the senior legal leader present in the APAC region.
- Excellent commercial and strategic business judgment
What's on Offer
Fantastic, autonomous, senior role at leading, global tech company, working across APAC!
Very 'new-age' modern and dynamic working environment with a cool, casual, office vibe.
Please call Maria Curtis for a confidential discussion on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV to mariacurtis @ michaelpage. com. au.