Senior Legal Counsel
Are you looking for an opportunity to add strategic value?
Do you have industry experience in Franchise Law?
About Our Client
Goodyear is one the worlds leading and largest tyre companies, who are famous for being at the forefront of tyre technology. From winning over 350 Grand Prix races to being the first tyre used on the moon, Goodyear is known for providing top of the line products and services that set the standard for the technology and performance industry.
With a strong global presence, Goodyear employs over 60,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities across 22 countries. The company is rapidly expanding and currently has annual sales of over $15 billion.
Reporting to the APAC General Counsel and Managing Director in Australia, the Senior Legal Counsel will autonomously provide commercially-sound, strategic legal advice and guidance to all business units in the Goodyear ANZ business.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will assist and review the operations of those business units and their actions. You will manage risks and drive compliance with laws and other prevalent regulatory requirements across Australia, New Zealand, Asia Pacific and the US.
- Interpretation of laws and regulations in order to advise the business of any implications and recommend the best course of action.
- Ensure all legal reporting requirements to Australia and US authorities are met.
- Engage business units to provide legal and compliance advice and assist in determining the best contractual strategy for key projects and tenders.
- Draft, negotiate and manage legal document requirements throughout the businesses in accordance with Goodyear requirements and relevant laws.
- Manage legal risk and implement legal compliance policies, guidelines and training to increase awareness of legal responsibilities and reduce company exposure to inadvertent breaches of laws or covenants.
- Provide advice to minimize risk, including litigation, to Company and manage legal claims against Goodyear ANZ companies.
- Minimise costs and negotiate optimal fees from outside providers.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a diligent and focused lawyer experienced in general contract and thrives on providing superior legal advice in an effective, efficient and timely manner. You will have industry experience in specialties such as trade practices, distribution law, commercial litigation, and/or M&A. Prior experience within Franchise Law would be highly advantageous.
The successful candidate will have 5-6 years PAE preferably in a top or mid-tier law firm, along with in-house experience of a multi-national company. Exceptional communication skills are paramount, with the ability to liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver who is able to influence, negotiate and resolve issues at all levels.
What's on Offer
Goodyear offers extensive opportunities to join a forward-thinking company that inspires innovation and success. If you want to add value to an organisations vision and gain a rewarding career in return, this is a great opportunity for you.