Senior Legal Counsel
Exciting opportunity to join a multinational company
Exclusive company benefits
About Our Client
If you want to join this dynamic team that is continually driving towards the future, an exciting opportunity now exists for Senior Legal Counsel at their head office in Mulgrave.
The Senior Legal Counsel reports directly to the Head of Legal, Risk & Strategy and provides support primarily to the Group Financial Services.
The Senior Legal Counsel develops and provides advice, guidance, solutions and processes to achieve effective and efficient risk identification and management adding value to the continued growth and development of the business. The key responsibilities include:
- National Consumer Credit Protection Act: In relation to relevant legal issues, liaising with ASIC and providing guidance and advice on the rights and obligations under the NCCP Act including reviewing internal processes and template documentation (critical requirement).
- PPSA: Providing legal advice with regard to personal property securities registrations and security arrangements generally (critical requirement).
- Drafting of standardised contractual documentation and reviewing and negotiating contracts generally.
- Legal analysis and advice to the Board of Directors.
- Advertising: Review of advertising material that is outside applicable guidelines.
- Products: Evaluating new product offerings to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
- AML: Provide legal advice with regard to AML.
- Privacy: Provide advice and guidance to the business and support Compliance in order to satisfy regulatory and company requirements.
- Compliance: Provide advice and guidance to Compliance team on matters of law falling within the scope of Compliance.
- Dispute resolution / IDR and EDR: Provide legal support for cases.
The Successful Applicant
The perfect candidate for this role is a 5-7 year banking and finance lawyer. We are ideally looking for the following:
- Desire to support a fast-paced business in a collaborative and constructive way.
- Experience with alternative legal technology and legal process automation.
- 5 + years' experience as practicing lawyer within a firm or in a corporate environment.
- Experience with NCCP, AML & Privacy Acts.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance frameworks.
- Experience working with the Ombudsman and regulators.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to present findings in a concise and meaningful way.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's degree in law or equivalent. Also advantageous is degree in Banking, Finance, Corporate Finance, Securities Law.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to join a passionate group of people and learn from a highly experienced and inclusive global team. Other benefits include: health & wellbeing programme, subsidised 24/7 gym with PT and group fitness classes, subsidised cafe, on-site parking, annual spend on company merchandise and discounts on vehicles for purchase.