Senior Legal Officer
Amazing 12 month contract with potential to extend
Competitive salary, ASAP START!
About Our Client
The organisation is the an administrative body of the Administration Corporation and is an executive agency of the Ministry. They provides regulatory services and the administrative and functional support to each of the 15 New South Wales Professional Councils, in their primary role to protect the public. The client is a rewarding organisation offering cultural diversity and flexible working conditions whilst continually promoting NSW CORE values.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Represent or act on behalf of the organisation/Councils in contested matters; including conducting litigation in a cost effective manner, appearance work, as well as briefing Counsel and instructing in more complex matters.
- Provide high quality advice to Councils, committees, regulatory panels and staff on any aspect of the law but particularly commercial and administrative law.
- Draft and present accurate, clear and concise documents and advice within required time frames to enable effective responses to changing and challenging issues; and where required instruct and liaise with external lawyers in highly complex matters including provision of well reasoned advice on prospects of success and recommendations for settlement.
- Negotiate, prepare and settle contracts and memoranda of understanding between the client and Councils and their service providers or partners
- Support the development of legal capability across the organisation including knowledge of the law and regulation that governs Council operations; including participation in education and professional development for staff, Council and hearing members, as well as presentations to external stakeholders.
- Identify, develop or contribute to, and implement a range of strategies, policies, processes and documentation to ensure consistency with Council, government and legislative requirements and continuous improvement in the management of legal services.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of health practitioner regulation.
The Successful Applicant
You as an employee will come from a similar back ground:
- Legal qualifications, admission as a legal practitioner to the Supreme Court of NSW and a current practising certificate from the NSW Law Society
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant legal practice including experience in administrative and/or commercial law.
Proven ability to provide accurate, clear and comprehensive advice and legal documents in short time frames and practically apply legal principles in an operational setting.
- Government experience is favourable but not essential
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Located within the heart of the CBD
- Team and culture like no other!
- 12 month contract with the possibility if extension