Senior Management Accountant
Great Company Culture
Work Closely With Operations
About Our Client
Sunbeam Foods has been at the forefront of the Australian Dried Fruit Industry for more than 90 years. Established in 1926, in the sun drenched region of Mildura, Victoria, Sunbeam is dedicated to the growing, processing, packaging and sales of dried fruits. Sunbeam operates as a wholesaler into Australian retail markets and Industrial markets as well as export markets around the world.
This role in a high performance finance team reports to the Commercial Manager, Supply Chain and Operations whilst having its own specific duties and deliverables. In this critical role the Management Accountant is responsible for; providing accurate, reliable factory production performance reporting, accurate, up to date costings for use within the M3 ERP system and accurate, timely quotations for the use in new and existing customer supply bids.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reporting of weekly performance of manufacturing operations and accurate monthly forecasting of expected variances to budget.
- Monthly reporting of Manufacturing results including analysis of key drivers of variance to budget including; direct labour, material and overhead variances.
- Maintenance of accurate and up to date costings in M3 to enable accurate financial performance measurement and analysis of product performance.
- Maintaining a quotation process that allow accurate costings to be provided to the business in a timely basis for use in the BID process.
- Reconciliation of inventory related and other key general ledger accounts..
- Providing key inputs into the annual budget in relation to Sunbeam manufacturing operations, including labour and overhead recovery rates as well as product costs.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager, Supply Chain and Operations with their responsibilities in relation to the supply chain across Sunbeam and the Manassen Group.
- Maintenance on BOMS (Bills of material) in accordance with VIP changes and setting up new BOMs for new products.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a strong communicator who enjoys working with non-finance stakeholders to help drive business performance. The successful candidate will be able to display the following;
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Business degree and CPA/CA qualifications.
- A good understanding of costing principles.
- High level of analytical and system skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence business partners to optimise profitability.
What's on Offer
Your commitment in delivering the best outcomes for the business will be rewarded with a highly competitive package. Multiple opportunities exist for the successful applicant to develop their career with Sunbeam or under Bright Foods Group.