Senior Manager Acquisitions
AU$70 - AU$80 per hour
3 months initial contract
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent NSW Government agency looking responsible for the general safety and well being of public.
- Manage the Branch's contribution to business plans, budgets and risk management plans, consistent with overall Division and Corporate Plans, control costs, review and improve business systems and processes, and report as required on activities, performance, trends and issues.
- Work cooperatively within a team, exchange information and assist other team members to achieve team objectives and work outcomes and support staff in identifying capability gaps and developing strategies to close gaps.
- Manage the acquisition or control of all required land or interests in lands to suit the development and delivery program including investigation, due diligence processes, dispute resolution, negotiations and formulation of required documentation
- Manage any developer I other stakeholder or client scope change processes including acting on design or construction changes that impact on property.
- Provide advice and implement strategies to deal with ownership, operation and maintenance agreements as required.
- Assist in providing budget information and cost control advice including cash flow forecasting for the acquisition program.
- Co-ordinate and conduct negotiations on the acquisition of properties and development agreements for the projects, and manage consultants during the due diligence and acquisition phases.
- Assist in the resolution of compensation claims for property and land related disputes.
- Develop and implement appropriate project risk mitigation strategies and update the Director and Technical Manager (where required) on application and effectiveness including implementing dispute resolution plans.
- Oversee, manage and formulate contracts and conveyancing processes including creation of titles and deposited plans, issue papers, reports and briefing notes checking compliance and validation as directed as well as conducting commercial negotiations and building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage contract administration for development agreements and other commercial obligations where land, design and construction interface.
- Provide advice to Project and Technical Managers on property impacts through the feasibility, concept and design development phases.
- Draft briefing notes I memos for the Principal Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Finance, Economics, Property, Real Estate, Valuation or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with and understanding of relevant legislation, policy, processes and practices involved in property planning, land acquisition and management for major infrastructure projects and programs.
- Experience in contract management relevant to property and land acquisition.
What's on Offer
- Massive NSW Government agency
- Opportunity to work on NSW Government
- Potential for long term